Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George_G
Newcomer I

Considering forming a study group for March exam date

Hello future CISSP's, I'm considering forming a study group to prepare for a March test date.  The idea is to leave enough time to retake the exam (but we're not going to need that right?) before the new format goes live in mid-April 2024.

My goal is to form a group consisting of experienced IT professionals so that we can collectively contribute to the success of the group. I'd also like to meet virtually over MS Teams at least weekly but preferrable twice per week so that we can keep the momentum going. Right now I'm thinking of Sunday mornings around 8am CST but that is not set in stone.

I'll be using the Sybex CISSP Official Study Guide, 9th ed., If you get that book, it also comes with interactive flash cards and a test bank that we can incorporate into our studies. I also have practice questions from another source that we can use.

A little about me... I've been in IT for over 20 years starting out as a help desk tech and moved into server and network administration over the years.  I've supported MS Exchange, Windows servers, a virtualization environment, Cisco networks including wireless and VoIP, Palo Alto firewalls, email and web security, etc. I also obtained my CCNA and CCNA Voice certs and hope to add the CISSP to my resume.

If you are interested in joining, send me a direct message with your email address and if you feel so inclined, tell me a little about your experience and I will get back with you. I intend to keep the group small, maybe around 10 participants to factor in any that may have to drop out due to work and life yet still leave enough participants to keep the group going.

Thanks and happy studying!

17 Replies
George_G
Newcomer I

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I do appreciate it.  I'm really not overthinking it. I just plan to study from now till late Feb and assess where I'm at. If I'm not ready then I definitely won't take the exam and will set a new goal. I just want to keep the momentum going.  A 6 month to 1yr goal might cause me to lose momentum in addition to having to deal with slightly new topics according to the video I posted.

It really goes back to my study habits. I have to keep the momentum going, or else I lose interest or other things start taking priority. I learned this when studying for various certs over the years.

VBourgeois
Newcomer II

Is this group still happening?

VBourgeois
Newcomer II

I am interested in joining if its available.

George_G
Newcomer I

Hi, yes, still working on pulling it together. See the first post and send me your info via DM. Thanks for your interest.

VBourgeois
Newcomer II

Thank you, I am interested.
Warmest Regards,
Dr. Vanessa Bourgeois cell: 719-237-2300
VJS-Estyle
Newcomer I

This is a great idea. I would be interested as well. I have been in tech for 30 years in a variety of positions. Currently I am a fractional CTO for several companies. I have taken and passed the Cyber Security Exam, I do want to take on the full CISSP again.

Thanks

Vinny

vincent.seeley@outlook.com

blessing4real
Viewer

I am interested.
My email is blessing4real17@gmail.com
George_G
Newcomer I

Hello everyone. I sent an email to those who expressed their interest—hoping to get this started ASAP.

Thanks.