Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyCISSP
Newcomer I

CISSP Virtual Study Group - Feb - March, 2024, Sunday 3PM - 5PM PST

---- This Group is now full. The registration is now closed ----

CISSP Virtual Study Group

Host: Jie Chen

Schedule: Sundays 3PM - 5PM PST (2 Hours) 

Duration:  Feb 18, 2024 - March 31, 2024 

Agenda:

Section 1 - Briefing, 10 min     

Covering the latest Cyber news relating to CISSP

Section 2 - Practice Questions Discussion, Part 1,  45 min 

--- Break, 10 min --- 

Section 3 - Practice Questions Discussion, Part 2,  45 min 

Section 4 - Exam Study Strategy, Career Info, 10 min

28 Replies
efnelda
Viewer

Good morning, Is this study group still open to join?
I am going to make a first attempt on March 26, 2024, and can use the support. If so, my email address is enfradde@macys.com

SayaliS
Viewer

Please send me the meeting link when a spot is available. Thank you!
MyCISSP
Newcomer I

Thank you for your interest in this group. The group registration is now closed.
opeallen
Newcomer I

Hi all, 

Am Ope Allen

I have registered for my CISSP for 26th March and i need all the support i can get, Please how can i participate in this virtual study group. 

I need guidance . 

Asking for a friend 

opeallen
Newcomer I

Hi Chen, 

Please kindly share the link for the virtual group, i will really appreciate 

crell_moset
Viewer II

I am also interested if a spot opens!

Hello, what is the next session please? Thanks

Albert_Wang
Viewer II

There are some update on topics of the 2024 CISSP exam, anyone know where can buy the updated training material for the exam? Is there any updated version of the official training material?

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

It will update when it updates I’m afraid.

Good news CISSP books update every three years or so, and the underpinning CBK is fairly stable(specifics change but principles are quite evergreen). The books also tend to be the densest source of information.

ISC2 may offer an enhanced/updated training online or in person, but there is a deliberate break in the link between those writing the exam questions and those building the training. The official nice edition guide by Mike Chappel was last looked at in 2021(not updated the logos as yet) but seems discounted on Amazon might mean a new one is coming and the All in One is from 2023(free on Audible if you’re not already a member all fifty hours of it) - other than these I would be careful of the other books - it’s just easy to self publish now and I wouldn’t know of the quality.

Good news new outline is up and not that much will have changed at a high level:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/Project/ISC2/Main/Media/documents/domain-refresh/CISSP-Detailed-Content...

So if you train those concepts you will in theory cover everything you’re tested for in the exam(remember there are research questions for psychometrics as well).

Others might point you to official/unofficial digital resources, but I’d expect a degree of lag.

Good luck whether you choose to wait or take the plunge.
blueclouds
Viewer

Hello,  Thank you for organizing a study group. I am interested in joining this group.