Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

CISSP Exam Changes – Effective April 2024

On April 15, 2024, ISC2 will refresh the CISSP credential exam. These updates are the result of the Job Task Analysis (JTA), which is an analysis of the current content of the credential evaluated by ISC2 members on a triennial cycle. The domain weights for the CISSP will change as noted below: 

Current (Effective May 1, 2021) 

Effective April 15, 2024 

Security and Risk Management 

15% 

16% 

Asset Security 

10% 

10% 

Security Architecture and Engineering 

13% 

13% 

Communication and Network Security 

13% 

13% 

Identity and Access Management (IAM) 

13% 

13% 

Security Assessment and Testing 

12% 

12% 

Security Operations 

13% 

13% 

Software Development Security 

11% 

10% 

Total: 

100% 

100% 

As detailed above, Domain 1, Security and Risk Management, has increased in weight from 15% to 16% while Domain 8, Software Development Security, has decreased in weight from 11% to 10%. 

Additionally, effective April 15, 2024, the time limit for the CAT exam will be a maximum of three (3) hours. Candidates taking the CAT version of the exam will see a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 150 items. The linear exam length will remain 6 hours for 225 scored items. Candidates taking the linear version of the exam will receive 225 total items. 

For more information, please review our CISSP Exam Refresh FAQs or the CISSP Exam Outline.

ISC2 Community Manager
12 Replies
DAS3D
Viewer II

It's now June 2 and still there isn't an updated version of the office study book. Pete Zerger has a video on YouTube that addresses changes that he thinks would be relevant to the changes, which he is concluding by looking at the exam syllabus.  But who's to say if that is accurate or not? I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to adequately study without related study material. ISC2 says the exam is "experimental" and requires real life experience in addition to study. But still study is needed, otherwise why study at all. 

I take this very seriously and it is a large expense too. I don't think an exam should be updated with new content without relative study material being published first. 

wmheid
Newcomer II

Am I missing something in your comment?

These are the latest:  https://www.wiley.com/en-us/ISC2+CISSP+Certified+Information+Systems+Security+Professional+Official+...

I have ordered and received both the updated Study Guide and Practice Exams from Wiley publishing using the 50% off coupon that ISC2 makes available to you if your are certified by them in something else/

NicoleWoiderLee
Newcomer I

Thank you.