Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

CISSP Exam Changes – Effective April 2024

On April 15, 2024, ISC2 will refresh the CISSP credential exam. These updates are the result of the Job Task Analysis (JTA), which is an analysis of the current content of the credential evaluated by ISC2 members on a triennial cycle. The domain weights for the CISSP will change as noted below: 

Current (Effective May 1, 2021) 

Effective April 15, 2024 

Security and Risk Management 

15% 

16% 

Asset Security 

10% 

10% 

Security Architecture and Engineering 

13% 

13% 

Communication and Network Security 

13% 

13% 

Identity and Access Management (IAM) 

13% 

13% 

Security Assessment and Testing 

12% 

12% 

Security Operations 

13% 

13% 

Software Development Security 

11% 

10% 

Total: 

100% 

100% 

As detailed above, Domain 1, Security and Risk Management, has increased in weight from 15% to 16% while Domain 8, Software Development Security, has decreased in weight from 11% to 10%. 

Additionally, effective April 15, 2024, the time limit for the CAT exam will be a maximum of three (3) hours. Candidates taking the CAT version of the exam will see a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 150 items. The linear exam length will remain 6 hours for 225 scored items. Candidates taking the linear version of the exam will receive 225 total items. 

For more information, please review our CISSP Exam Refresh FAQs or the CISSP Exam Outline.

ISC2 Community Manager
9 Replies
zrzepecki
ISC2 Team

Hi everyone,

With the announcement of the CISSP exam change, Domain Days is back and it's the perfect opportunity to brush up on the any domain.  The one-day instructor-led deep dive into the exam domain of your choice is back from November 6- November 17.

view schedule  

MrITGus
Contributor I

Spoiler
This very enlightening and helpful.
Thank you for sharing, Andrea!
Best Regards,
Gus
Naixis
Newcomer I

Hello,

Does anyone know if a new version of the CISSP All-In-One book is being prepared to take these changes into account?

In any case, the changes seem superficial, however the number of questions has been drastically reduced, won't this alter the high, premium level of this certification?

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Naixis latest all in one is from 2022 I believe - the changes are just weighting so shouldn’t need any change. Some certifications haven been provided updated books and guides for many years, so CISSP is a bright spot.
Sabrina
Viewer

Thank you @andrea ,

Any content change except for the weighting and time limit during the exam?

Thank you 

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Sabrina 

All changes are listed above. 

ISC2 Community Manager
Imran_sdq
Newcomer II

Does that mean CBK has also changed from CBK 2021?

What about those who are preparing using the testing material based upon CBK 2021?

Is new training material available??

infinity1873
Newcomer I

Is the study course by Mike Chapple from 2021 still relevant for the new exam?

Thank you

NicoleWoiderLee
Newcomer I

Hi Andrea, as a native German speaker I'm not sure if I should have rather selected German as preferred language for my CISSP exam. I only found a view comments (not here in ICS2) recommending to select English because the German translation would not be clear enough. Are there some demo questions to get a better impression?