Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaity
Community Manager

Updates to the CISSP-ISSMP Exam (November 2022)

Hello all!

We've just announced today that come November 15, 2022 the CISSP-ISSMP exam will update slightly. The details of the changes can be found here: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-Concentrations/ISSMP-Domain-Change-FAQs

You can view the changes to the domain weights below: 

CISSP-ISSMP Domains 

Weight 

Weight 

Leadership and Business Management 

22% 

20% 

Systems Lifecycle Management 

19% 

18% 

Risk Management 

18% 

19% 

Threat Intelligence and Incident Management 

17% 

17% 

Contingency Management 

10% 

15% 

Law, Ethics and Security Compliance Management 

14% 

11% 

Total: 

100% 

100% 

If you have questions about this, please feel free to reach out to our Exam Administration folks at ExamAdministration@isc2.org

7 Replies
gidyn
Contributor III

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Apart from the change in title case to sentence case, and the update of some terms which amounts to little more than semantics, the main changes in the exam outline relate to a light rejigging of the domain weightings.

As I opined previously, no major updates - not surprising as the management side of security doesn't really change.

Ifeanyinnam
Viewer II

Hi,
Please I am now starting my journey however, I am still trying to pinch out a study material. I have seen a few including on Amazon but the reviews were so discouraging. I mean coming from people that had actually used these materials hence I turned to this mean. Could you please make any recommendations that is valid and covers the requirements perhaps update with the recent curriculum?
And any other study tools that could be helpful.
Thank you.
schaput
Viewer II

There's always the recommended reading / CBK Suggested References: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References#accordion-ec3eeebacf414a7ba7d890f8f71e8883

Also, the quizlet app on mobile has ISSMP flashcards (look for user: "ISC2education" and there a 6 sets of flashcards in the folders under ISSMP).

I'm also looking at the following NIST standards (many of which are in the CBK Suggested References): 800-53r5, 800-61r2, 800-40r3, 800-160v1, 800-30r1, 800-34r1, 800-39, 800-55r1, 800-64r2, 800-86, 800-50. and 800-16

I'm not sure I'd expect any serious changes between the current and the Nov 2022 version. 

DamianLeger
Viewer

Why does the outline of the exam have 6 domains & the official CBK (2nd edition) only have 5 domains???

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @DamianLeger

The CBK book is the most current, yes, but it was published before changes to this exam (which updates roughly every 3 years). When a new book is coming out, we will share.

I would refer to the exam outline, as well as the current course for your exam preparation.

I hope this helps!

Robbren
Viewer

Hi. Is there an update to when the next edition of the CBK will become available?