Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Welcome to the CISSP-ISSEP Study Group

Welcome to the CISSP-ISSEP Certification Study Group. 

This is an open discussion forum for those studying for the CISSP-ISSEP certification.This forum provides an opportunity to connect with others preparing for the exam. Please follow all Community Guidelines regarding usage of this group, including adhering to the exam confidentiality policy. 

View our Community Usage Policies and Guidelines.

Adhere to (ISC)² Exam Confidentiality

1. Discussing (ISC)² examination items, answers and responses with other individuals is a violation of the (ISC)² Examination Non-Disclosure Agreement that is signed prior to taking an (ISC)² examination. Any posts related to this will be removed, and users found to be in violation may face penalties.
  2. General discussions about exams that do not share specific exam items are permissible. We encourage Community members to help candidates prepare themselves for success and share their own experiences without disclosing any information that could compromise the integrity of the exam process.

ISC2 Community Manager
7 Replies
Rleo
Newcomer I

Great introduction, thanks. 

My question is when will the ISSEP CBK volume (by S. Hansche) get a refresh?  As good as Susan's book is, the book is 15 years old and is about the only one of the CBK volumes that has not had an official follow-up edition.  There are various other offerings on the market in the form of study guides, but their quality varies rather widely; but there is only one authoritative CBK volume on which they are all (supposedly based).

Any idea about when this will get some attention?  It is well past time for this to be done and with the NIST 800-53 freshly out in Version 5 (09/2020) should prompt an equally fresh version of the ISSEP CBK.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Rleo 

Thank you for your question. At this time we do not know when the ISSEP CBK may be updated. We apologize for this. If you are looking for additional ISSEP study material we recommend checking out our ISSEP Self-Paced Training Course and Flash Cards (both of which align to the most recent exam outline) and joining our ISSEP Online Study Group. Links to all three resources can be found at https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources.

ISC2 Community Manager
asippert
Viewer II

I have a copy of the Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP-ISSEP CBK published in 2006. I have not been able to find an edition that is any more recent. Is this guide still sufficient for preparing for and passing the CISSP-ISSEP exam? Has anything changed in terms of the domains?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@asippert 

That book is out of date and unfortunately we do not have an updated CBK for ISSEP at this time. 

ISC2 Community Manager
TJM
Newcomer II

I'd like to know as well as I'm preparing to take the exam. 
asippert
Viewer II

When you say "out of date" do you mean the content is different and studying this edition would lead me to fail the exam? Are there any portions of the book that are useful? 

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

The content does not align to the most recent exam outline. (ISC)2 cannot guarantee that the study of any resource or reference will result in an examination pass/fail.

I recommend reaching out to the education team if you have further questions: 

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#accordion-215dafa9e19e4efeb749bf0a0203afb5 

ISC2 Community Manager