Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Action1
Newcomer III

Passed ISSEP today!!!!

Well guys I provisionally passed the ISSEP today!!!

Now it's time to wait 2-5 business days to see if ISC(2) will change my score and tell me good try but after further review we determined that you did not pass...please feel free to sign up and take the test again. 😕

Thank you to all who responded to any of my post. If you are taking the exam, good luck!!

12 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

Congratulations! 

TJM
Newcomer II

Congrats!!!

ChrisRamos
Newcomer I

Congrats!

I will be taking the exam next month. Just curious on what study materials you used? Was it a difficult exam?

I have been reading a lot of the NIST Pubs, I have taken the official course, and the FedVTE course to prepare. 

TJM
Newcomer II

same here, planning on taking the ISSEP and looking for study methods. I've completed the ISSEP and CAP courses on FedVTE and reading the NIST references used for the ISSEP flashcards.  

Action1
Newcomer III

@TJM and @ChrisRamos 

Thank you. Good luck to you both on the exam. Was it a difficult exam. I would say it is but don't let it intimidate you. It's a pretty straight forward exam.

I took the Official ISC(2) course and read a lot of the NIST references. NIST 800-160v1 and the IATF, I found to be the most helpful. Really understand the Information Systems Security Engineering Process. I spent a lot of time really learning the System Life Cycle Process and how the sub-process are applied. As @AppDefects has mentioned (and I would read a lot of the post where she answered my questions), I took her advice and really tried to keep a Systems Security Engineering mindset approach. I think that was the biggest and best advice I could give. You will find in your studies that as an ISSE, it really starts to all come together when you keep a security engineering mindset as you study and especially when you take the exam. 

One area I wish I would have paid more attention to is the Systems Security Engineering Capability Maturity Model (SSE-CMM). 

Lastly, I read through all the NIST that were on the reference list. I did read the CBK, chapters 1-7 (I think - just the ones that cover the Systems Security Engineering Process. I found ready through those chapters along with 800-160 really engrained the process in my mind and made the rest of the material easy to grasp.

I hope this provides you some insight. If you have any questions or would like me to clarify anything please just let me know and again, GOOD LUCK!!!! 

TJM
Newcomer II

Thanks for the information, greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us!
ChrisRamos
Newcomer I

Thank you for sharing all of this information. Did you happen to use the flash cards provided by ISC2? If so, was it helpful?

Action1
Newcomer III

@ChrisRamos 

I did use the flash cards but very little. I think they are a good reference.

ChrisRamos
Newcomer I

Is there any good resources for more information on the SSE-CMM processes?