Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supilath
Newcomer II

Certified CISSP-ISSEP

Passed CISSP-ISSEP exam on August 12, 2022 and certified on August 18, 2022. Thanks to all guidance I received from this study group.

Perpetual Learner..!
7 Replies
ericgeater
Community Champion

Congratulations!  Well done.

--
"A claim is as good as its veracity."
VinayCataram
Newcomer I

Congratulations!

@supilath can you share you exam prep techniques.

Much Appreciated

Regards,

Vinay

ALKahn10
Newcomer III

I'd love to hear more about your Journey preparing, what resources you used and whether or not you took a formal training.

Congrats, that's HUGE!

---
Andrew L. Kahn, CISSP, CCSP, CEH
Ham Radio Callsign: WA8LIV
Action1
Newcomer III

Congratulations @supilath !!!

Welcome to the club. 😁

supilath
Newcomer II

Many asked me on my way of success with ISSEP. ISSEP, I trusted the (ISC)2 official self-paced training and the reference materials. Also, studies ISO, NIST standards and guidelines and materials from INCOSE. I could complete both ISSEP and CAP, and it took around 5 months for ISSEP and 1 additional month for CAP. And I see CAP as a natural extension or perspective to ISSEP learning. I trusted my natural abilities to grab things at its pace, though had a schedule, weekly spent around max 20 hours of learning, never put self in panic mode.

Perpetual Learner..!
D-manstewart
Viewer II

Congrats on passing man, any idea on what your prep looked like ? would be a huge help Passed my CISSP Last December and now I'm movving on to my ISSEP for work. . would love anytips you could provide as I'm Not seeing to many reputable guides online outside of bits and pieces and the official CBK textbook is like 15+ years old.

supilath
Newcomer II

Hi D-manstewart, You would have qualified for writing ISSEP exam as it requires CISSP plus 2 years or 7 years cumulative as of now. And, as you mentioned, many references are relatively old and dates back over 20 years. My learning path was, I took (ISC)2 Official Self-paced training, though it didn’t cover entire exam requirements, still a good starting point. I have used INCOSE materials extensively (which later resulted in ASEP), and also went through almost all references or guidances possible. Also did ‘Product Development & Systems Engineering’ course from Udemy by Christopher Olson, and it supplemented my conceptual learning. For me, it was different at the same time Great learning experience, as going through print materials was not my kind of learning. And you can consider CGRC following ISSEP to capitalise your learning with an additional certification. My certification path was ISSEP+ASEP+CAP (CGRC now), could clear all of them in first attempts. And wish you good luck for your ISSEP.

Sunil Pilathottathil SAFe Practitioner, TOGAF, ASEP, SABSA-SCF, CISSP-ISSEP, CPISI, CIPT, DCPLA, CC, CCSP, CISSP, CGRC, CISA, CISM

Perpetual Learner..!