Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Action1
Newcomer III

CPEs for Official CBK Training Seminar

Once we complete the Official ISC(2) squared CBK Training Seminar for the ISSEP and receive the completion certificate, will the 40 CPEs be automatically applied to our CPE credit or do we need to upload the certificate and apply for the CPEs ourselves? Thank you.

5 Replies
RichardRod
Newcomer I

I took the ISSEP Training Seminar a few months back, automatic apply of CPE didn't occur. I added the 40 CPE and uploaded the certification manually, it was accepted by ISC2 without issue

Action1
Newcomer III

Thank you @RichardRod .

Did you just take it for the CPEs or did you take the course in preparation for the exam? If you took the exam, any pointers you would be willing to share. Again, thank you for the reply.

RichardRod
Newcomer I

I took the combination course, the ISC2 Training Seminar with the exam voucher, and did so in order to take the exam.  In reality, I was more impressed with the ISSAP Training Seminar that I taken prior to, whereas the ISSEP course essentially instructed the student to just read the NIST documents. I also purchased the official ISSEP book as well for whatever tidbits of information I can gather from it, even though it was published in 2006.   I cant really provide much guidance yet, as I still havnt taken it, but I would strongly recommend reading the NIST documents that is listed in the references page for ISSEP https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References 

I essentially printed out all the NIST documents that is listed for the ISSEP, and I am going through them with a highlighter, its roughly the same regimen I used for the CAP exam as they both touched on some key areas 

Action1
Newcomer III

Thank you @RichardRod 

I've been reading the NIST pubs as well. I think your methodology is spot. Good luck to you when you sit the exam!

TJM
Newcomer II

Thanks for the feedback and good luck on your test!