Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Welcome to the CISSP-ISSAP Study Group

Welcome to the CISSP-ISSAP Certification Study Group. 

This is an open discussion forum for those studying for the CISSP-ISSAP certification.This forum provides an opportunity to connect with others preparing for the exam. Please follow all Community Guidelines regarding usage of this group, including adhering to the exam confidentiality policy. 

View our Community Usage Policies and Guidelines.

Adhere to (ISC)² Exam Confidentiality

1. Discussing (ISC)² examination items, answers and responses with other individuals is a violation of the (ISC)² Examination Non-Disclosure Agreement that is signed prior to taking an (ISC)² examination. Any posts related to this will be removed, and users found to be in violation may face penalties.
  2. General discussions about exams that do not share specific exam items are permissible. We encourage Community members to help candidates prepare themselves for success and share their own experiences without disclosing any information that could compromise the integrity of the exam process.

(ISC)² Community Manager
15 Replies
darioosh
Viewer II

Does anyone know if there's any movement in terms of books for ISSAP?

This is pretty sad that ISC2 points to 10yr old book and there was no update to it. Things have changed so massively over the past few years.

MattAshton
Newcomer I

Sadly doesn’t seem like there is an update book or material. I have access to the self study course but have yet to start it, also I’m not confident that it will cover all the material required for the exam, it’s disappointing for people who wish to progress their certification
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Plenty of people have passed this exam in the absence of an up to date CBK.

It just requires a change to the exam prep method of reading the CBK and then doing a bunch of practice tests (as there aren't any good ones of those either the last time I checked) that many used to pass their CISSP and/or CCSP.

Even if there was an up to date CBK, it would still be recommended to supplement your education and experience using items from the suggested reference list, so my advice would be just to go straight to that.

1. Review the current exam outline and identify areas where you think you need better knowledge.
  2. Check the ISSAP suggested references looking for any that might help you plug the gaps.

Yes, you'll probably end up having to read more than one reference, but that's just how it goes.

Good luck!

LeoSantos
Viewer II

Still, the newest material is from 2017... But it's what we have 🙂
Another question related to the study material, is there any kind of "CISSP-ISSAP Official ISC2 Student Guide", in the same standards as the CISSP and CCSP trainings (for students who have completed official ISC2 training)?

George_Hlaing
Viewer II

Hi @Kaity and @AndreaMoore

Would you be able to advise the estimated date for the new ISSAP CBK release date if there is anyone working on it? 

Also, will it be possible to purchase a PDF note scripted version of the current Online Training Official (ISC)² CBK Training Seminar for the ISSAP for people who are keen but unable to pay a hefty price of USD 2,669.75 to study for it? I understand that the other online self-paced training from the (ISC)² e.g., for CISSP is around USD 900. Thanks. 

Best Regards,
George Hlaing

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@George_Hlaing 

I asked for you and we do not have a new ISSAP CBK in the works or a PDF available for the training. 

(ISC)² Community Manager