Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Action1
Newcomer III

ISSAP Study Material

Apologies if this question has been asked before but was curious on what everyone is using for study material for the ISSAP exam?

I have the CBK but I know that is not enough. Was thinking of buying the self-paced course as well. 

Looking forward to hear some responses and good luck.

9 Replies
gidyn
Contributor III

Suggested references (it's safe to ignore anything outdated)

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

There are about a page of references at the end of each chapter in the official CBK book.  Quite a few of them are simply IETF RFCs so easily consulted.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
amnaresh
Newcomer I

Hello Steve - Could you please point me to the most recently updated CBK Official curriculum book or any study material for ISSAP exam. What i see in the ISC2 point me to Amazon and the book is of 2013 Edition, completely outdated.

Antinode
Viewer

Bumping up this thread. 

The CBK link on the ISC2 ISSAP reference redirects to Amazon which seems to have the second Ed dated 2013/14! 

Whilst I haven't risked buying it yet, it seems to be inundated with bad reviews from being a decade old.

Grateful for any clues as to which edition and publish date are the latest, and credible avenues to get hands on a soft copy.

Thanks!

gcanepab
Newcomer I

At this point the CBK is no longer helpful. I passed the ISSAP by reading the relevant domains of the CISSP and CCSP books that matched the latest exam outline.
igals
Viewer III

It was the only stuff you take for preparation ?

gcanepab
Newcomer I

Yes, for me those books were the only materials needed, in particular the CCSP books.
mhyland
Viewer II

according to a webinar/interview, there is 60% relevancy still. i will still read it cover to cover.

Narsil
Newcomer III

@mhyland wrote:

according to a webinar/interview, there is 60% relevancy still. i will still read it cover to cover.

Are you referring to the interview on YouTube of the author of it? If so, I think he was being very overly generous with that percentage. If you look at the domains the book and exam covered back when it was written and compare it to today's domains it's quite different.