Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: What About Associates of (ISC)2 in This Group?

If the CISSP Group is for CISSP's, then there should be CISSP's in the group - the price of admission. As I said, we should allow others to see or ask questions, but not start threads or have other privileges.

Can't be anymore fair than that.

~Lamont

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Highlighted
Community Champion

In answer to Cragin, despite being CISSP I have decided to recuse myself from it on comedic grounds, and to compensate have joined the CCSP group which now has one member.

If is my intention as defacto current leader(and only member) of said group to fight the exclusion of associates from the CCSP group while being...  oh, ok a CISSP group is a fairly broad church, so I doubt the addition of associates really matters on way or the other, maybe let them post but identify them with the Associate badge?

Highlighted
Community Champion

I have a modest suggestion: Why not have an Associates' group for associates? They likely have issues that they may wish to address as a group?

Associates need to grow and gain experience, as do CISSPs; but we have different requirements and responsibilities; I vote to CISSP group CISSP only.

No problem for anyone to read the threads; but write and edit should be reserved for CISSPs.

Best!

Highlighted
Community Champion

I believe it is wrong to segregate based on whether or not you are an Associate or a full blown CISSP.  We do not have resources apparently, given the predicted 1.5 million shortage by 2020 for sufficient security practitioners to be available to combat the growing army of Crimes Incorporated Inc.  Who incidentally are apparently making far more money than legitimate legal organisations.  

We as CISSP's should be sharing our experiences, guiding and mentoring Associates to gain their full CISSP's certification especially as one survey revealed that in some cases some security practitioners may be tempted to move from the White and Grey sides towards the Black as more fulfillment and rewards were likely to be obtained.  

One of the things that drew me to ISC2 and obtaining the CISSP was the set of ethics, I would have to sign up, there in my mind are extremely important given the nature of this age of "digital trust", and exponential growth in technology without apparent responsibility to how it is designed, implemented and incorporated into the very fabric of our daily lives.

I therefore would vote against segregation of Associates and CiSSPs.

We should be working together, in a collaborative and mature approach, guiding, teaching, and mentoring the next set of security practitioners by maintaining the very ethics and level of trust we all signed up to and committed to uphold.

Regards

Caute Cautim

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Re: What About Associates of (ISC)2 in This Group

Couldn’t agree more with Caute’s reasoning!
Highlighted
Community Champion

I fully agree with the substance of Caute_cautim's argument. However, there is no segregation if Associate members have readership privileges. Associates and anyone else for that matter can fully participate in the talk boards; they do and there are many who will attempt to address their questions. This is part of the learning community we all share.

By the same token should we allow Associates full privileges of the CISSP designation? I think not. Therefore, allow anyone to read the CISSP members board, but allow only CISSP members to post comments.

If Associates have questions there are many other fora here on which to ask them.

Respectfully.

Highlighted
Community Champion

I respectably accept your counter-argument
Caute_cautim
Highlighted
Reader II

I am all for it!! Learning and participating should be open to everyone. Besides do "we CISSPers" have secrets to keep from them? Ok, bad question for this group. But really, I have no intentions of exclusivity with the knowledge I have. If we do not open this group then I will simply go join the other group which allows their participation. Open it up .....
Highlighted
Newcomer I

The kind of discussions we have here have no bais as to the level of competence hence I see no sense in discriminating against associates. The discussions offer a wonderful opportunity for the pros to mentor the associates. 

One doesn't recognize the really important moments in one's life until it's too late.
Highlighted
Contributor I

So riddle me this batmen (and women)

If the cissp group was closed to only cissps, what precisely would stop any
of us from providing whatever form of mentoring we so desired by also
following the other boards?

I've seen some decent reasons as to why there should be a closed forum, but
so far I cannot recall reading a single logical reason that we should not
have a closed forum.

/d