cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion

Online ISC2 examinations

Hi All

Given the situation with COVID-19 and the ongoing situation, with plenty of people with time to do studying for the next chapter or extension to their lives?  How about online examinations for ISC2 certifications?

Given that we cannot have a proxy physically within 2 metres of anyone doing the examination or could you go into a glass domain, and be watched by Camera?  

But given the examination centres are closed down during pandemic? 

Any suggestions?

Regards

Caute_cautim

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Online ISC2 examinations

Wonder if they will follow the ISACA example who are offering some exams online beginning mid-April?

https://www.isaca.org/credentialing/cisa/cisa-exam

From their website:

Please note: To address the challenges posed by COVID-19, ISACA is making remotely proctored certification exams available online beginning mid-April. You will be notified as soon as scheduling for remotely proctored exams is available.

It definitely would be interesting to know if (ISC)2 will be able to do the same given the ANSI certification.

Regards

d

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi @dcontesti  I agree, the world does not stop, and this is an excellent time to concentrate and expand ones conscious even working or isolated from home.   A great opportunity.

Yes, please ISC2 can we have this put in place?

@dcontesti wrote:

Wonder if they will follow the ISACA example who are offering some exams online beginning mid-April?

From their website:

Please note: To address the challenges posed by COVID-19, ISACA is making remotely proctored certification exams available online beginning mid-April. You will be notified as soon as scheduling for remotely proctored exams is available.

It definitely would be interesting to know if (ISC)2 will be able to do the same given the ANSI certification.

Regards

d

Regards

Caute_cautim

Highlighted
Contributor III

@dcontesti wrote:

From their website:

Regards

d

As I'm an ISACA member, I saw that notification and was wondering the same thing.  I working to pursue the CCSP and would like not to have to put off the exam, and I know others on my team are going for other ISC2 certs.

Now, ISACA's certs have been ANSI certified for some time, but they only recently got to computer-based testing.  They had previously done their own testing at certain locations on certain dates, using scantron forms.  So to maintain ANSI certification certainly doesn't require using testing centers, but must following certain criteria.  Other certifications are done via on-line proctored exams, so I would hope that is an ANSI approved method.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, GSLC, GSTRT, ISSA Fellow
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Same boat. My CCSP exam was cancelled. I feel like so much time will go by now (and less time due to "home schooling" my kid that by the time I am even ready to retake the exam, I would have needednto re-read the whole book. I'm older..things don't always stick if it's not in my day to day work!
Highlighted
Community Champion

(ISC)²'s official statement does state that they are "aggressively exploring solutions". 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you for that information.  This is great to see.