Announcements
Planned Site Maintenance
Due to scheduled maintenance, account creation for new Community users will be unavailable 11 a.m. Eastern October 23, 2020 – October 24, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

CPE

I have attended below two Webinars

1) How to gain Visibility into encrypted threats on 26th Feb 2019
2) New year, New phishing threats on 19th Feb 2019.

As per which 2 CPE's should be credit into my profile but it is still showing 120 CPE's left. Can anyone please guide me is there any process which I need to acclaim for these CPE's. Under CPE section although it is displaying pending 2 CPE's.

Please suggest.

Regards,

MM

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: CPE

Sometimes it takes a little time for the ISC2 CPE credits to show in your
account. I don't know when you completed these CPEs, but just give it a
little time. Thanks.

--
Lamont R.
M.A., M.S., CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, MCSE
Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Highlighted
Community Champion

• First off, were the webinars any good?
    • Details of what you garnered, please! 😉
    • Also links to the webinars would be nice. (I know, I know, just Google it!)
  • I don't know if there is a rule of thumb for when points get automagically added, so if anyone in charge is reading this that might be a good piece of information to share.
  • I suspect that there is a time when administrators do this. It would be nice to know if there is an automagical way or if humans do this at some time.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

@Cybertron Thank you for your inquiry and I apologize for any confusion. We ask to allow 5-7 business days to see the CPEs in your account. If you do not see them in your account within that time frame, please use the instructions listed below to enter manually.

• Enter begin/end date
  • Select 'No' to (ISC)2 offered event (even if it was)
  • Education (tab)
    • 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training'
      • eSymposiums - 3 CPEs
      • InfoSecurity Professional Magazine - 2 CPEs
      • Webinars - 1 CPE per hour of attendance

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly should you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

Highlighted
Community Champion

I will ask that question next time, about how often ISC2 make updates to the CPE section. If it were a ISC2-sponsored podcast, then it would automatically show up in your CPE completion profile.
Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Highlighted
Community Champion

@Lamont29 wrote:
I will ask that question next time, about how often ISC2 make updates to the CPE section. If it were a ISC2-sponsored podcast, then it would automatically show up in your CPE completion profile.

They claim 5-7 business days for CPEs to be posted.  However, it is well known that the connection to Brighttalk is a bit flaky and that often times the auto-posting often does not happen. The workaround is to then file them manually.