cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chogan
Newcomer II

Exam scheduled...

...for July 14!  

That was the earliest I was able to schedule it for.  I was hoping for April.  The challenge will be to stay motivated.  Guess I'll start re-reading the books.

10 Replies
hselmak
Newcomer I

All the best! What resources have you used so far?

chogan
Newcomer II

So far I have read the Sybex Official Study Guide and the McGraw Hill All In One.

Also read the CSA Guidance

Supplementing with NIST documents and various blogs, articles, etc...

Currently working my way through the Sybex Official Practice Tests.

denbesten
Community Champion

@chogan wrote:

That was the earliest I was able to schedule it for.

Check to see if there are other nearby centers.  Back when I took mine, I was able to find a earlier slot at a testing center that was an additional 20 miles away.

caasec
Viewer II

Thanks for the heads up I did not know schedule was booked out that far. I just started to study for it. I grabbed a spot for July 7th, at least in the location close to me.
Dmor_11
Newcomer III

Good luck!!

I find that when checking the site for openings, it's best to check daily. Some might pop up closer to the timeframe you are looking at. I'm hoping to take mine early April!

Hstaley
Viewer

Hello Chogan,

Thanks for the post, July will before you know it.

I just completed the online CISSP self-learning course.

I planned to begin review over the next 90 days the work that I have studied.

If you are open to study Domains to keep information fresh, let me know.

Based on your test timing, 90 days should work for both of us.

My profile is lost on LinkedIn and you can reach me via:

Harry Staley, MBA

hstaley@icloud.com

chogan
Newcomer II

I could test in June if I add an hour to my drive during rush hour for an 8:00 AM exam.

I'll just wait the month.  My exam is at 12:00 PM, giving me time to a relaxing morning and plenty of time to get their early.  It's about 45 minutes away.

chogan
Newcomer II

Back in March I was complaining that I had to wait until July 14 to take the exam.  Now it's 4 days away and I'm wondering if I'm ready!  In that time I re-read the Sybex Study Guide and the All In One as well as the CSA Guidance.  

chogan
Newcomer II

I provisionally passed today!

Questions were pretty straight forward (for the most part) and stuck to the exam outline.  No surprises or topics I was not familiar with (although some I wished I had dug a little deeper into).  I was pretty confident when I clicked the End Test button and was happy to see the Congratulations on the printout.