cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kovalan
Viewer III

CCSP Failed

Hi All,

I took my CCSP exam last 17 May and i failed, what happen was i not able to answer the last 20 question from 150. However when i did all my exam practice i manage to finish 150 question within 2 hours. 

The reason i took so long because the complex of the question and the answers. Is there any site where i can get similar question from ISC2 exam question for me to student and familiar with question ? i plan to take in 3 months time. 

7 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I think it’s less about questions and more about how well you know the material, how well you’ve applied it. Your reading comprehension, process in exam and how you use logic/can gat to the core of the asking. Get the All in Ine - look up Rob Slade’s question he kindly contributed to the community. There is more and better material for CISSP so read CCSP but cover CISSP as well - many cloud elements. Religiously reading every night will help you with speed/accuracy and good news - the marching hadn’t decided you just ran out of time. Good luck!

ericgeater
Community Champion

I'm missing details here.

You have four hours to take the exam.  Were the last twenty questions unavailable to you because you had only answered 130 questions in a four-hour period, or did you still have plenty of time, yet the exam abruptly ended?

Any feedback you're looking for from us will benefit from knowing this.  If it's the former, and you exhausted the available time, then there's only one response: you must make decisions more quickly.

If it's the latter, and the exam session ended early, then you do not know the material well enough.  It is time to find new study material, or take a class, or establish a new approach to study.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

He said two hours - so maybe it ended early - however I had though it would take you to 150 questions every time - maybe there is a degree of question conservation in play if it becomes impossible to pass? Must admit I’ve not looked into the CAT too deeply.
ericgeater
Community Champion

The poster said their practice exam experience usually lasted for two hours.  There was no description of how long the actual exam lasted.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Remember always carefully parse the question.
Kovalan
Viewer III

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to answer all 150 questions within the allocated 4 hours. It was only when the time expired that I realized there were still 20 questions remaining.

In my previous practice exams with 150 questions, I managed to complete them within 2 hours. However, I've noticed a difference in the English language used between those practice exams and the CCSP exam itself.

As English is not my first language, I recognize the need for more practice in reading comprehension and becoming more familiar with the types of questions asked in the actual CCSP exam.

Could you please recommend additional practice exams that align with the standard of ISC2 exam questions?

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Read the books / join an English speaking study group and find a “talker”: speak to the “talker” focusing on discussing scenarios/questions/answers write English notes. Build vocabulary. Keep going with the talker until you can hold 50-70% of the conversation - find a new talker repeat.

Read a lot of textbooks 20-30 mins take notes(copious) break 10 minutes - read notes anything you don’t understand in your comprehensive notes lookup in a different source - repeat.

Learn the names behind acronyms.

Learn and compare OSI conceptual 7 layer model with TCP/IP inside out

Do the free google, AWS, MS cloud security certs to practice.

Lastly can you sit it in your native language?
Feel free to DM me as I’m a ‘talker’… if nothing else I can gauge your knowledge in each domain pretty well., others can help Did you get a report on what to work on?