Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmor_11
Newcomer III

CCSP Attempt

Anyone getting ready to tackle this exam?

I'm looking at mid-February for my 3rd and final attempt. I'm waiting for my CCSP All-in-one from Daniel Carter. I've read all the other books and hope this might fill some gaps I'm missing. I also need to change my mindset and approach.

26 Replies
jkfranci
Viewer

I am starting the preparation from today and just started the Official Study Guide. I am expecting that I could finish this also by December 2021. I am going to setup a disciplined time to study for this for 3 months. 

giri1979
Viewer II

hi Franci,

dont miss these cards. they are also key points to understand before you
attempt the exam.

https://www.isc2.org/training/self-study-resources/flashcards/ccsp/chapter-1
SteveS12
Newcomer I

Well, 2021 got away from me. I now have a CCSP exam date of 4 February, a Friday, so I can either go home and drink beer for a successful test or drink something harder to ease the pain of failure. 

Currently watching Mike Chapple's LinkedIn Learning videos (free!) and using Boson and Aris Athanasiou's Udemy practice tests (these are really difficult and stress me out like the actual exam).

The OSG and matching practice test book for my books of choice. 

ALKahn10
Newcomer III

SAME!

I just passed CISSP in December (Credentialed earlier this month).  I bought the ISC2 OSG for CCSP and figured I'd go to town on it.  After a few chapters, I'm wondering what's different from CISSP because the content feels much easier.  I still have many more chapters to go and plan to use the Fife/Kraus/Lewis CBK after I get through the OSG.

Good luck!

de Andrew, WA8LIV

---
Andrew L. Kahn, CISSP, CCSP, CEH
Ham Radio Callsign: WA8LIV
ustyne
Viewer II

Do you have a cloud background before the test?

And how many years in IT and cloud in particular.

Congratulations. 

francisbandi
Newcomer I

My instructor suggested CCSP For Dummies with Online Practice.
Angry_Panda
Viewer II

Just took and passed the exam today.

For background on my studying: I attended a 40 hour bootcamp 15 months ago but didn't feel that I got a lot out of that so I have picked up the Dummies book, the Official Practice Tests 2nd Edition, the official study guide 2nd Edition (Malisow), Cloud Guardians (Gwen Bettwy), the Official CBK Reference (Fife, Leslie). I've downloaded much of the referenced material that each point to as further reference and have watched numerous youtube video on the CCSP including many by Prahb Nair and the GISPP Academy.  I have also participated in study groups on Discord that also have a home on a /CCSP reddit group.