Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmor_11
Newcomer III

CCSP Attempt

Anyone getting ready to tackle this exam?

I'm looking at mid-February for my 3rd and final attempt. I'm waiting for my CCSP All-in-one from Daniel Carter. I've read all the other books and hope this might fill some gaps I'm missing. I also need to change my mindset and approach.

26 Replies
Budoka
Contributor II

I've been planning on taking it but have had a couple of false starts as far as studying for it goes. I find that I am not quite as motivated as I was when studying for the CISSP. I've been using Carter's All in One, and the CSA's material. I've also been using Gordon's CBK, and his course over at ITProTV...primarily because he was one of the authors of said CBK.

I haven't found any of the material unfamiliar or overwhelming in the same kind of way some of the stuff in the CISSP did, but have definitely been spooked by the large number of failures reported on the community board(s).

Matt_
Newcomer I

I'm starting the ISC2 online course this month which i'm looking forward to. However same as above, i'm quite concerned about the amount of people finding the exam so difficult and failing.

murthib
Viewer II

After my success in CISSP, i have started CCSP. Planning to take exam by Apr.

Inputs as of now:
1 ITPro tv
2 CBK
3 Waiting for isc official books to arrive
SteveS12
Newcomer I

As a CISSP (2016, non-adaptive test), I thought this exam would have been less of a challenge, however that was not the case. I found this test much harder with questions that were more vague, like playing "Name that Tune" with just one note. I was unsuccessful in December of 2019 and spent 2020 working on a MS in Cybersecurity degree to help fill the gaps and build more knowledge. It is good to see that there are new materials to review and study from, so maybe after graduation in the Spring 2021, it will be time to hit the books again.

I will monitor this forum to check on all of the successes you folks experience. Any additional tips and tricks are wel

come!

Dmor_11
Newcomer III

Sounds good! Let's keep this going as it sounds as if some of us are close to taking this exam. Keep stuyding.
SteveS12
Newcomer I

Has anyone taken the CCSK exam? It is more hands-on but may be a good stepping stone to the CCSP. Wondered if this was the case.

Budoka
Contributor II

I was considering this as well. One of the things I like about the CCSK exam is that you get two attempts. You don't pay the $395US again until try number 3. Of course, hopefully only 1 attempt would be necessary.

lmurthy
Viewer II

I took the exam yesterday and failed. It was brutal. 

I took an instructor led course from ISC2 and studied for 3 months the PDF they provided, flash cards, and sample test ISC2 provided as part of the class that I scored over 90%. 

ISC2 material is not enough, looks like other material is needed.

Saurabhsingh23
Newcomer I

Yes, we can discuss.
how can we connect