Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Welcome!

Welcome to the Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Certification Group. Feel free to discuss topics and ask questions of your fellow CC certification holders. 

ISC2 Community Manager
6 Replies
MrITGus
Contributor I

Hi  @AndreaMoore,

Thank you for granting me access to this CC Group and for your welcome message to all of us.

I am looking forward to being active in the group, continue learning and helping when I can.

Best Regards,

Gus

edwardfem2
Viewer II

Thank you

salvadormenor
Newcomer I

Hi Andrea,

May I please ask for guidance on how long is the average prep/study time for this course for someone like me 1) career changer (no to minimal IT knowledge) 2) currently employed full time as Credit assessor. 3) can spare 8-10 hours/week of study.

This will help me best plan and schedule the exam.

Thanks

Sal

MrITGus
Contributor I

Hi  @salvadormenor,

Regarding your question on the average prep/study time for this course.  The only person that can answer that question is yourself, because it depends on each person.  

Studying for a certification exam depends on many factors, for example: how you learn, the time you have available to study, the method you are going to use to study.  If you will be taking an online course only or will you use a study group, books, other study materials, etc.  

There is no right or wrong answer for time frames to study for a specific certification exam.  Also it depends on your availability, the pace it takes you to learn something new, commitment, passion and discipline.  

My advice for you is to print out the "Certification Exam Outline" and mark as you study and go learning new topics.  When you feel comfortable explaining all the concepts in your own words, then you can be sure that you can move on until you complete studying all the Exam Outline topics.  Since you are starting with the CC certification, there is no previous experience necessary, so you should be fine learning from scratch.

For guidance on how to get started, including more information on study aids for your CC certification studies and download the Exam Outline topics, you can start from the following link:

Certified in Cybersecurity Certification | (ISC)² (isc2.org)

I wish you all the best in your CC studies!

Best Regards,

Gus  

salvadormenor
Newcomer I

Took and passed the test today.  thanks

MrITGus
Contributor I

@salvadormenor   Excellent news!!!

Congratulations!!! Great Achievement!!!

Best Regards,

Gus