Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Safia
Newcomer I

CC Exam

Hi, 

People who succeeded the CC Exam, 

What are the best ressources to study from, is the CC exam practise on udemy worth it ?

Is the ISC2 and Mike Chapple course on Linkedin enough ?

Thanks

13 Replies
MatG
Viewer

If you are using the 1m free CC program there is a free course. No need for your to spend money on other courses, if you have a LinkedIn premium account any course there is useful.

https://www.isc2.org/1mcc?utm_source=isc2&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=GBL-CC-1M-AW&utm_term=megam...

saradahlia
Viewer II

Why dont u just use the ISC2 CC to prepare 4 ur exam

JSandaire
Newcomer I

For the CC Exam, all you need is to take the ISC2 Free course. It will prepare you correctly. Nothing else is needed.

Best Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnny Sandaire PhD, PMP, MCAD, CC, OpenFair

WebZest LLC, DBA: Johnny Sandaire Photography
570 South Ave East, Cranford, NJ 07016

(908) 377-3627
Johnny Sandaire Photography<> | WebZest LLC<>
Safia
Newcomer I

Did you succeeded the exam ?

kitalironald
Viewer

Personally I used the official ISC2 curriculum and the Mike Chapple content on LinkedIn Learning and I managed to pass the exam

Safia
Newcomer I

Happy to hear that ! Congratulations and thanks for your feedback.

prateek_1995
Viewer III

Hi there,

For passing the CC Exam, I used the (ISC)2 self-paced course and supplemented it with Mike Chapple's LinkedIn Learning videos and Prabh Nair's YouTube playlist where he goes through questions which are mainly business use-case scenarios based. He also shows on how to tackle exam questions with several Cybersecurity concepts in place relevant to the exam.

Safia
Newcomer I

Hi, 

Congratulations ! Thanks for your feedback

deepakc
Viewer III

I studied using: 

• ISC - Online Free Training (First) This is good primer
  • Mike Chapple Training Videos (Second LinkedIn) - This good training
  • McGgraw Hill All-in-one CC book (Third - This has great details) I bought and carried this with me everywhere for a while, ready and studying it, around 2 months almost everyday - read it about three or four times!) 

I spent around 2 months - reading / studing / exam practise and passed today!.

In terms some feedback - you really need to get a good understanding of the concepts, until they become second nature. It will take some time, but the more you read and study, the more you will take it in, and be in a better position to pass. So give your self time. 

I also created my own CC journal - writing down the 5 topics with notes and working on where I was weak and did not understand some aspects to re-enforce my knowledge. I also used Dr Google for various topics. 

I'm mainly a monitoring Splunk consultant - but wanted this to further develop my knowledge in this field.

My 2 cents - Hope this helps and good luck!

Dee