Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBKITZ
Viewer II

Who is actually preparing now for CAP Cert. exam ?

I just finished a (ISC)2 CAP Boot Camp 2 weeks ago and am now preparing for the exam. I'm looking to get my hands and the CBK. Anyone have that info ?

13 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@MBKITZ 

Here is a link to some self-study resources including the CBK book (scroll down to the CAP section).

https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources

(ISC)² Community Manager
rhsandidge
Viewer

I took the exam but did not buy the CBK, I took an ISC2 prep course which had it's own text that prepared those in the class. I passed so I can say the exam prep course is great preparation 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
maryfahie
Viewer

I am preparing to take the CAP Exam for the second time the last week on July before the new test is active - 15 August 2021.
csjohnng
Community Champion

I am actually taking tmr - 2 Aug. I did not prepare much as I have my other readings.
As mentioned CAP Flashcard could be resourceful.

Maybe you can look at the following resource

Domain 1 

800-37 - Risk Management Framework for Information Systems and Organizations: A System Life Cycle Approach for Security and Privacy

Domain 2, 3 and 4
FIPS 199- Standards for Security Categorization of Federal Information and Information Systems
NIST 800-30 - Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments 
800-53 - Security and Privacy Controls for Information Systems and Organizations
800-53A - Assessing Security and Privacy Controls in Federal Information Systems and Organizations: Building Effective Assessment Plans

Domain 4, 5
FIPS 200 - Minimum Security Requirements for Federal Information and Information Systems

800-160 on security engineering has also information on domain 6, 7 and understand more on the SDLC

John
csjohnng
Community Champion

Just shared I have provisionally pass the CAP exam, I still have about 40-45 minutes when I end the exam

John
Creasy
Newcomer I

Congrats csjohnng! Is there any other insight you'd offer after passing the exam that's different than what you commented above?

csjohnng
Community Champion

@Creasy 

I think the CAP test/exam is good and once you are familiar with the material NIST and FIPS mentioned, I believe that should cover 80-90% of the material.

John
tsterba
Viewer II

MBKitz I have scheduled to take this exam on July 6th would you like to get together to study for this? I can be reached at 775-762-4589 I live in GA but can set up Webex's sessions for collaboration if you would like. 

tsterba
Viewer II

MaryFahie if you are preparing for this exam for july i would love to study with you as you have teh experience of the exam and we can learn from each other. I can be reached at 775-762-4589 I live on the east coast and have the ability to use Webex or team for study collaboration.