Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joro
Newcomer II

Version of the Exam vs. NIST 800-37 r2

Does anyone know if the exam will be updated to reflect the changes made to NIST 800-37r2? There is actually a new process that has been added the "Prepare" step and a few other things.

3 Replies
supilath
Newcomer I

I gave the CAP exam recently and was expecting NIST 800-37 r2, but my exam was NIST 800-37 r1. I was not expecting this, fortunately the (ISC)2 trainer did explain the changes and that could help me with the exam. And I am a certified CAP since October 2022.

SABSA-SCF, TOGAF, CPISI, DCPLA, CIPT, CISSP,CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, CISM
Tags (2)
ToniHahn
(ISC)² Team

Hi Supilath,

I can guarantee the exam tests on the rev 2. I am the senior manager of content development for exams. The CAP has expanded to other risk frameworks as well such as ISO, COBIT etc.

All items have to have a valid reference and all references have to be the most updated. In fact at the beginning of each year, we post a reference list that includes the most widely used on the exams. https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/References

Thanks

supilath
Newcomer I

Hi ToniHahn,

I recollect some questions referring the rev1. roles which had to relate to the to rev2. roles. I would not recollect the exact questions (which I am not supposed to) but request you to check my exam.

SABSA-SCF, TOGAF, CPISI, DCPLA, CIPT, CISSP,CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, CISA, CISM