Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bananaco
Newcomer I

What does "Provisionally Passed" mean?

Today I received my unofficial test result from PearsonVue for my CSSLP and it says, "Congratulations, you provisionally passed the CSSLP examination." It also leads me to believe that ISC2 could come back and say that I in fact didn't pass. What is the deal with this? I don't understand that...I either passed or didn't pass, right? According to the ISC2 site, it says that it depends on the number of test takers at the time? What do my results have anything to do with someone else? Are we grading on a curve or is ISC2 throwing out the lowest (passing) scores among a set number of folks to play with their pass/fail ratios? Seems pretty unethical to me so hopefully that's not what is going on. Anyone have any more info on this?

Thanks,

~Andrew

10 Replies
112NextLevelPro
Newcomer III

I appreciate this level of scrutiny in (ISC)2 certification process.  I studied countless days and weeks for my (ISC)2 certifications and would rather go through the wringer of forensics and analysis to ensure quality and credibility as being a certification holder.

Congrats on the pass!