cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim-a1
Viewer III

Proving experience with a niche company in Russia

Hey there,

I passed several exams (CCSP, CISSP) that will require going through the endorsement process.

I'm planning ahead for the endorsement process, and I'm thinking of using a company in Russia for which I worked part-time. This is not a perfect scenario for me, but it's something I consider. I received very small payments, but it wasn't for-profit per se, as in the process, I learned and subsequently contributed a lot to memory security, file forensics, application security assessment, attack vectors, etc. 

The company is involved in niche memory (data in use) security research and I contributed significantly. They are not black-hat and I'm in their Top-5 researchers league or so. However, because of political disagreements, they aren't particularly keen on producing any documentation for me. 

As far as I can tell, I have the following documentation,  

* Public information about me (linked to my real name) and my contributions on their website (both in Russian and English, though the Russian page has more information).

* Past membership confirmation emails with them (in Russian, but I can probably get a notarized translation for them)

* Information about the fruits of my research on social media (most notably, YouTube and niche forums, some acquired (tens of) Millions of views, most of it is in English and some's in Russian)

* Payment invoices on a Russian payment system (WebMoney) - I may have lost them

My current plan is to find an ISC2 Member who'd be willing to endorse me, demonstrate all the evidence that I have, so both them and ultimately ISC2 can be confident about this information. However, if I go with ISC2 as my endorser, is there a way I can also add circumstantial evidence to my case?

For example, will I be able to add something like "Please take a look at this material, it acquired this popularity, it is linked to me in [this technical way]"? Would ISC2 as an endorser be interested in getting into technical  nuances that show my past employment with the company?

Thanks.

0 Replies