cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harryc1127
Newcomer I

Postgraduate Diplomas to waive one year experience

Hello,

I'm currently studying for CISSP and have an Degree in Computer Science, and a postgraduate diploma in cyber security.

My question is, can the postgraduate diploma be used to waive the one year of required work experience?

If I do pass the exam I will apply to be an associate.

I currently have 2 years work experience (within the domains). So if I am able to waive a years work experience that totals to 3 years and I only need to get 2 years more experience within the domains to be certified?

4 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hello,

Here is a link to the experience requirements for CISSP. You can substitute a maximum of one year work experience if you hold a four-year college degree or regional equivalent or an advanced degree in information security from the U.S. National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE).

https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP/experience-requirements

Good luck on your exam! 

ISC2 Community Manager
harryc1127
Newcomer I

Hey,

thanks for your reply. I did look at that page previously, but it only mentions USA. I'm based in the UK. a postgraduate diploma is basically a masters without doing the research component at the end of the years study. Would this be still applicable?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

I have sent a request to have someone follow up with you specifically on this question. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I answered this question on another forum but I'll answer it here as well for the sake of completeness.

The (bachelor's) degree in computer science mentioned in the original post is the UK regional equivalent of the four-year (bachelor's) degree Andrea mentioned.

Therefore, there would be no need to include the postgraduate diploma in an endorsement application as the bachelor's degree is enough to waive a year of experience.