Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nooch
Newcomer I

Paying AMF with 2 cards?

I have what may or may not be a unique situation.  I recently passed my SSCP, my college (WGU) is reimbursing me for the 50 dollar maintenance fee for the Associate level.  Having passed my SSCP and being endorsed now, my AMF is 125.  Is there any way to use the one-time card i was given for the 50 and put the remainder on another card?

I may be better off reaching out to a live person, but i was hoping someone else may be able to shed light on this situation.

2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

From my understanding if you had paid the $50 Associate fee, you would only have been asked for the remainder of the $125 (i.e. $75) once you had become a full member, so that kind of sets the precedent.

Can you pay a full member fee across multiple payment methods? Probably, as I mentioned above the precedent has already been set, but would likely require a call to Member Services to confirm and probably to facilitate too - I doubt the online payment process would be able to deal with that scenario. 

Nooch
Newcomer I

Thanks, @AlecTrevelyan 

You're right about the paying the 50 first, then the remainder, but i wasn't even aware this was an option.  After gettign in touch with the right people at my school, they told me that this was the way it should have been done.  There was initially no mention of paying the first year AMF though (at least that I'd seen), but I knew they'd pay for the test.  By the time I'd gotten the email with the 50 dollar reimbursement, I was already endorsed as an SSCP.  It took less than a week for all of that to go through, and a little over a week to get the AMF payment email.

In the end, i managed to find the solution with WGU.  I paid the cost up front and they issued me a check to reimburse me. So it all worked out fine in the end

If anyone else is in the same position, I'd highly recommend not doing it the way i did and just pay them in separate steps as was recommended above.  It made the entire process unnecessarily complicated and there was some wording in the reimbursement form that made it seem as though this is not something that is always approved.