Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAAM
Viewer

Membership required for Good Standing?

Is the ISC2 membership required to have SCCP certification on Good Standing status or is it just nice to have due to all its benefits?

Thanks..

2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Yes, you need to pay your annual fees every year, and earn 60 CPEs over your 3-year certification cycle to remain a member in good standing and therefore maintain your SSCP certification:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx

"Failure to Meet Requirements

Failure to meet the three-year CPE and AMF renewal requirements within 90-days following the certification expiration date will result in decertification, i.e., your certification/designation will be terminated."

CraginS
Defender I

@JAAM wrote:

Is the ISC2 membership required to have SCCP certification on Good Standing status or is it just nice to have due to all its benefits?

Thanks..

Keeping your certification at (ISC)2 current, by paying the maintenance fees and earning CPEs, constitutes membership in (ISC)2. You cannot be a member without be certified or an Associate. You cannot be certified (or Associate), "in good standing" without having your fees and CPE current. SO by being certified "in good standing," you are automatically a member.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts