Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cybersecurity
Newcomer I

CISSP after getting laid off

I have the experience, and have been studying for the CISSP, but lost my job two weeks ago after 20 years my market was closed. Would I still be eligible to take the CISSP? I tried registering and see that it requests a company name

3 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Just put "none" in that field. Do make sure you keep in contact with former colleagues so you can easily get your experience certified. Plus, they can be a great resource in your job search. 

Cybersecurity
Newcomer I

Thank you very much. I saw the wording of "consecutive experience" and was concerned. 

Good tip. I didn't torch any bridges on my way out so I picked up a few director level references and already have a few job offers. My top pick wants CISSP in addition to my current certs, so I told him to make a contingent offer. I am confident about my odds. Hope they don't change the test too much, that would be a ton of lolz. 🙂

djohns12
Newcomer I

Hi,

I am the managing editor of InfoSecurity Professional, the bi-monthly journal for (ISC)2 members and am working on an article about "recession-proofing" your job. Your posting about losing your position when your market changed could be pertinent to the article; I would like to talk with you about how you handled the job loss and went forward.  Here is my email address:

djohnson@twirlingtigermedia.com.  I hope to hear from you.

Deborah Johnson

Managing Editor

InforSecurity Professional