cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willpkk
Newcomer II

CISSP Endorsement Submitted November 2nd 2018

Hi Everyone, 

I recently passed the CISSP back in October of 2018 and I submitted my application of endorsement on November 2nd 2018. It's December 26th now and I'm getting nothing back. I keep logging into the ISC2 website and it keeps saying that my endorsement is still being reviewed. I also sent an email to their support section 2 days ago, but have not received any word or response. When should I get worried that this might not go through? I have not received an email saying I was audited or anything, so I'm assuming things are just going slow. 

17 Replies
mpeters
Newcomer I

I have the same issue now. I've been waiting for 9 weeks for a response. On October I passed SSCP Exam, they're not answering the emails i thing, because I tried to reach them via email and nothing, still waiting.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

There are quite a few other threads about endorsement wait times already, I'm pretty sure you can find the information you need in one of those.

However, in summary the endorsement queue is running close to 9 weeks - the last reported completed wait was 8 weeks and 4 or 5 days, but that was from a week or two ago, and the queue seems to grow by a day or two with each week that goes by.

I'd imagine the queue is over 9 weeks and possibly approaching 10 weeks now due to the holiday season.

If you need to speak with Support I always find the best option is to use the live chat feature on the member home page. (If you can't see it that means it's not being offered at the time).

Waterheeter
Newcomer I

Greetings Willpkk,

I think they are running longer than 8 weeks, probably due to the holiday.  I completed my endorsement package and received the confirmation email on Oct 25th, so for me I am approaching exactly 9 weeks tomorrow.

I figure the holiday has pushed their schedule back a bit.  I'd imagine they're getting to the applications as quickly as they can though.

Side note, congrats on passing!!

willpkk
Newcomer II

Thank you, sir for the information. Congrats that you passed as well! I just want the paper in hand and CPE units uploaded. 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hi @willpkk,

You mention that you want the "CPE units uploaded", which makes it sound like you have completed some CPE activities and want to submit them once you've had your endorsement application approved, so just a quick heads up for you from the CPE Policies and Procedures page in the CPE Handbook:

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/CPE/CPE---Handbook-Digital-V2.ashx

"All CPE activities must be completed or earned during the three years of each certification cycle..."

The cycle usually starts on the 1st day of the month following the date your endorsement application is approved. Therefore, any CPE activities you've completed before the start of your cycle will be ineligible.

Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick!

willpkk
Newcomer II

Thank you. I didn't know this LOL

dreastans
Newcomer III

Hi,

Just so you know, I submitted my endorsement on 11/2/2018 as well and am still waiting.  I was planning on tacking on 2 additional weeks to the initial 8 due to the holidays.  It's tough to wait!  Feels like I'm on the edge of my seat and my inbox has never been so thoroughly scrutinized for new mail.  Good luck; I'm hoping it'll be worth the wait for both of us.

@willpkk wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

I recently passed the CISSP back in October of 2018 and I submitted my application of endorsement on November 2nd 2018. It's December 26th now and I'm getting nothing back. I keep logging into the ISC2 website and it keeps saying that my endorsement is still being reviewed. I also sent an email to their support section 2 days ago, but have not received any word or response. When should I get worried that this might not go through? I have not received an email saying I was audited or anything, so I'm assuming things are just going slow. 

---
Andrea Stansbury- CISSP
willpkk
Newcomer II

Hey! Hope all is well. I know that wait is very scary. We studied and we took the test. Can we at least get a response on where the application is? U know its just crazy. 

cbp0229
Newcomer II

Hi -

I passed the exam on November 1, 2018 and submitted endorsement request on November 2. My endorser endorsed me on Nov 5. I finally got the welcome letter (notification of certification) on December 31. Like a lot of people, I did not get replies when inquiring by email. It's best to call them. The response I got was that they were backed up and it was around the holidays. I personally think that two months is too long, but on the other hand, they have to have time to properly vet people and ensure that only those qualified are certified.

Christopher Puckett, MSIA, CISSP