Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiron
Viewer II

CISSP Certification

Hi Team, Good Day. This is Kiron Nandakumar from Chennai India. I am an IT Professional with Over 12 Years Experience. I am new to the security area. For the past 2 years i have been working in Cyber-security related projects. I want to go for the CISSP certification. Though i have a lack in the number of years of experience. I still can pass the CISSP exam first and become an associate of ISC2. I guess the exam fess for CISSP is 599$. I need to become an associate of ISC2 by paying 35$ within 9 months from the exam date as per the web site so does this mean that i need to pass the exam first and become an associate of ISC2. Please help me out here i am desperate to complete this certification for my careeer.
17 Replies
sdurbin
Newcomer III

Hi Kiron,

You must pay the exam fee and sit the exam.

Once you have completed this succesfully; you have, up to, 9 months in order to pay your initial due fees.

If you do not pay the due fees, within 9 months, then you must sit the exam again.

Regards,

Stephen

Kiron
Viewer II

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. You mean to say i should first pay 599$ and sit for the CISSP exam. Pass the exam. Once i receive the acknowledgement copy and certificate. I should pay 35$ and become an associate of ISC2. Is the statement correct.

sdurbin
Newcomer III

Yes, I believe so.

Once you have the pre-requisite experience; you can apply for full certification at a later date.

Stpn2me
Newcomer III

Passing the exam is the hard part. Once you have done that, you can work in the field to actually get certified. Make sure you keep good contacts with employers so you can prove you have been in the field.

Robertk2of3
Newcomer I

Hi, I got the email that I provisionally passed the Certified in Cybersecurity exam (took the pilot). Since there is no endorsement requirement, what do I need to do to be fully passed? Thanks.
jtpcommerce
Newcomer I

I have the same question.  The email I received said I have passed and need to move onto Endorsement, but at least two ISC2 webpages say Endorsement is not required.  There seems to be some confusion on this matter.

https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement - "Please note: if you have passed the Certified in Cybersecurity exam, endorsement is not required."

https://www.isc2.org/Frequently-Asked-Questions - 

Q:

Do I need to be endorsed for the Certified in Cybersecurity (CC)?

A:
No. You will not be required to go through the full endorsement process for CC, but you will need to confirm that you will abide by the Code of Ethics in order to complete your certification application.
Robertk2of3
Newcomer I

Is there a link for the confirmation?
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Once again, congratulations on your achievement! We cannot thank you enough for your participation in this historic pilot program, and your patience as we closed out the pilot in order to deliver your final results.

The endorsement option for CC will be available beginning this Thursday, September 1. Please access the online endorsement form then and let us know if you need any further help.

Please note that while you do not need to submit any work experience for the CC. The endorsement form is needed to show your commitment to abide by the (ISC)² Code of Ethics. In addition to completing the endorsement application, an annual maintenance fee is required. For CC members this is U.S. $50.

ISC2 Community Manager
Robertk2of3
Newcomer I

Ok, thanks!