Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prashasth
Newcomer I

Associate CISSP convertion to CISSP with 4 years of experience and 4 years of graduation

Hi,

I have 3 years of experience in Information security industry with a 4-year college graduation in computer science engineering. My query -

1. Can I take up CISSP now, become an associate and then convert to full CISSP within a year (when I become 4 years experienced - Currently I am 3 years experienced)? I read that I can get a 1-year waiver if I have 4 years of a college degree.  Will this be applicable to associate as well? 
  2. Do I need to take up CISSP again once I get adequate experience? or its just that I need to show the proof of experience (4 years here, hope the waiver applies here due to 4 years of college degree)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prashasth

2 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@prashasth wrote:

I have 3 years of experience in Information security industry with a 4-year college graduation in computer science engineering. My query -
  1. Can I take up CISSP now, become an associate and then convert to full CISSP within a year (when I become 4 years experienced - Currently I am 3 years experienced)? I read that I can get a 1-year waiver if I have 4 years of a college degree.  Will this be applicable to associate as well? 

Yes, take the exam and when you pass apply for CISSP with your four years of experience confirmed by your endorser. Yes, the degree means you only need 4 years, not 5, of experience.

There is no experience requirement for Associate.

@prashasth wrote:
  2. Do I need to take up CISSP again once I get adequate experience? or its just that I need to show the proof of experience (4 years here, hope the waiver applies here due to 4 years of college degree)

No need to re-take the exam. Passing to become Associate checks that block. However, you do need to earn some CPEs eah year as an Associate. Be sure to understand the CPE Guidelines and record CPE as you earn them. My advice - start accumulating 40 per year as teh CISSP requires, instead of the lower number required for Associate.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
prashasth
Newcomer I

@CraginS

Thanks a lot for your apt response. This was very helpful 🙂