Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnorton
Newcomer I

Professional Blog Posts and CPE Credits

Can you tell me the requirements for a professional blog post as it pertains to the "contributions to the profession / writing, researching and publishing" category? 

There is a required field for Publisher, however, there is no field for a web link. 

Can the post be published in my company's blog as long as it relates to a related domain?

Thanks,

Mark

5 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@mnorton Yes, you may submit CPEs for writing a professional blog post. Please see the information from the CPE Handbook below on how to submit. 

Contributions to the Profession: Writing, Researching & Publishing

* Professional Blog - 10 CPEs per blog as author, 5 CPEs per blog as co-author, 2 CPEs per blog as editor.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

mbonsack
Viewer

But *how* do you do this?  As the OP states, there is no entry for the URL, and the "save and continue" does not continue if you select any other choice (Article, professional, etc.)

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @mbonsack

If you reach out to Member Services, they would be more than happy to help you with this. You can get in touch here

You may also find the Guide and Tutorial attached to this article helpful

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
mikemm
Viewer

I think what OP and myself also want to know is what qualifies as a professional blog. If I have a blogging platform and write an article on say nmap would it qualify as a professional blog? For instance would this qualify: https://mmaul.github.io/hacking-nmap/hacking-nmap.html

Clipper
Viewer III

Not sure why nobody replied, so I do for whoever has the same question.

Yes ! Your great blog article on nmap definitely deserves the 10 CPE credits. In absence of any clear ISC2 definition of "professional  blog" I assume it is a blog about your profession in the security area.

HTH