Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keegan
Viewer

Endorsement - Asking for Supervisor, do I have to wait?

Hi!

I recently passed my CISSP on Wednesday, April 11.

I have all the required work experience needed to obtain my endorsement. My question is a bit of a weird situation. When putting in my work experience, the information is asking for my supervisor details. My last 2 positions I had the same leader, and he is no longer with the company as of last Monday. I am currently waiting to find out who my new leader is, but that could take some time and I would like to submit my endorsement ASAP. I have a Manager in my department who is going to endorse me (as he did with my SSCP as well). 

Should I leave that field blank? All of my leaders that I have had in the past 5 years are no longer with the company either. Do I put their names if they are no longer with the company, or again leave that blank? My Endorser can verify all of the required info and he has been working with me all that time.

Thanks!

3 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@Keegan Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations on passing your exam! Please be sure to fill in the spot with your supervisors name; however, for the phone number section, you can list the HR department or company number and make a note in the comment section that the supervisor is no longer with the company.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Keegan
Viewer

@amandavanceISC2

Thanks Amanda! I will be sure to put the main HR contact center into my numbers then for that info. Basically all my previous leaders are no longer with the company so that makes things a little more difficult :).

One last question that hopefully you can assist with. I have been at the same company for the last 9 years, with 7 of them being in a security focused role. I have held 3 different positions in those 3 years. Do I submit a separate experience submission for each role, or do I treat it as one submission?

Thanks for the help!

amandavanceISC2

@Keegan It is my pleasure! 

I would submit jut the one company and be sure to be detailed in the description with how the work related to the domains and that you held three different positions. Since you have all of the experience at the one company, there is no need to submit any of your other companies.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance