Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaity
Community Manager

Voting is open!

Voting for the (ISC)² Board of Directors is now open! You're welcome to post questions for the candidates on this board. 

In the meantime, you can read about the candidates background, as well as learn about what they hope to achieve on the board over on our website:

https://www.isc2.org/About/Board-of-Directors/Board-Elections

31 Replies
InfoSecGuru1
Newcomer I

Marcus,
I wish I could respond with a positive YES, but I can't. I'm not a politician who mimics whatever the people want to hear.
I don't know why the fees went up, the current financial situation of (ISC)2, or any details on the discussion.
I can however tell you that I too was caught a bit offguard when the fees went up and I would like to know if there is a compromise can be made.

Good question!
Brian Grayek
InfoSecGuru1
Newcomer I

AlecTrevelyan,
Thanks, I appreciate your confirmation as I found no reason for TrickyDicky's "failure".

Brian Grayek
InfoSecGuru1
Newcomer I

TrickyDicky,
Seems that you've been seeing a lot of issues that no one else has reported. You said that I briefly dropped off the ballot after the first notification. Seems that if that was true, something occurred in the system that took me out of the ballotting, too. That would explain why you couldn't verify my standing.
I can tell you this though, the Board of Directors VERIFIED my background, current standing, and that I was up to date on CPEs and maintenance payments prior to the announcement of my selection for the Board.

Brian Grayek
InfoSecGuru1
Newcomer I

Graham,
Thanks for confirming this to the membership.

Brian Grayek
TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@InfoSecGuru1 wrote:
TrickyDicky,
Don't know what you were trying to do or why it wasn't working for you, but I've always maintained my membership in good standing. I paid my yearly maintenance fee in March, so no chance that it was due to non-payment of the yearly maintenance fee. If this did occur, I can't explain what may have happened in the (ISC)2 system. It definitely shows no issues with my account.

Mr Grayek, thanks for the clarification. There seemed to be lots of glitches in the system over that period and I just wanted to confirm. 

Back in the day, when the slate was announced there was a link where members could "check out" the nominated candidates (business background, aspirations for their board term, evidence to their volunteerism, etc.). Unfortunately, that's all been done away with and there's no background given until the ballot has been set. I was just being a nosey member and checking out all the publicly available information on the candidates that I didn't know. That was just a flag that went up for me that hadn't fully come down. 

Good luck in the election

Kaity
Community Manager

Thank you all for your participation on the board and in the election! The polls closed last night and we'll be announcing the results next week most likely. I'll be archiving this board, as Sam did with the 2018 one. 

Thank you again!  

TrickyDicky
Contributor II

So Kaity, voting closed on 26th. Do the Board have a result, or do they have a timeline where they'll let the members know?
Kaity
Community Manager

I've not been informed of results yet, but I'm working with the team on announcing them as soon as they tell me!
TrickyDicky
Contributor II

Thanks for the update Kaity,
R
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello all! The results have been announced

• Aloysius Cheang, CISSP – Singapore
  • Arthur R. Friedman, CISSP – U.S.
  • David Melnick, CISSP – U.S.
  • Yiannis Pavlosoglou, CISSP – United Kingdom
  • Zachary Tudor, CISSP – U.S.